Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
I understand how people can love characters that I dislike, but . . . this is just my honest opinion. Sometimes, I just can’t get into it.
1. Warner from the Shatter Me trilogy. Yes, I get it, we got his whole backstory and whatever, but this series still frustrates me to no end. The first book used to be one of my favorite books of all time, but I really hate how Adam gets torn apart just to make room for a love triangle with some guy who manipulates Juliette all the time.
2. John from the Abandon trilogy. Maybe I’m making it a theme to hate guys who kidnap girls and hold them against their will. “But it’s for their own good!!” No. No it isn’t.
3. Pretty much everyone in the Falling Kingdoms series. Well, maybe mostly that guy who was in love with his sister, but I’m not sure if anyone actually likes him? I just know that people really like these books and I just couldn’t with them.
4. Blue from The Raven Boys. I don’t know what it is about her, but I just like the boys better. They’re much well-rounded and interesting characters and she’s just… eh.
5. Jace from the Mortal Instruments. He just doesn’t do anything for me. I mean, part of it is the plotline, but most of it is his personality.